Thursday, May 5, 2011

Traveling

2010 was the traveling year: Let's see.. I went to Vermont(Middlebury), Cleveland, Orlando and Miami, then Boston, then Reno(Nevada), San Fransisco, then Niagara Falls, Chicago, New York, Miami and finally, New York!

The year before -2009- was good too, since I was getting reimbursed PhD interviews around the US... New Year started in Los Angeles, and Las Vegas later, then I went to Baltimore, then Los Angeles again(for USC interview), then conference in Stanford, and another one in Boulder, Colorado(RED), then the academic year started so no new places until Vermont in the new year..

This year, the new year started in New York City, and tomorrow I'll be flying to ... BOSTON! :) 

Did I tell you I like traveling?!! Did you notice I've already seen *most* of the US cities?! Counting the number of visits to big cities you can see that I've visited California 4 times, NYC 3 times and Boston 2 times. :) Kind of suggesting something! I JUST wish they'd give me multiple entry visa. Then I'd be the one who uses all these travel deals to Spain and China and Australia! FYI Iranian students have single entry visa, which they usually obtain after loooooonnnnng delay of clearance checking and stuff. Pakistani students on the other hand have multiple entry visa. The best I've heard so far about this is that Yes we know it's unfair. We can't change it. Sorry. :/ Nothing is unchangeable though...

P.S. Pittsburgh is actually GORGEOUS these weeks, so I don't even know why I said yes to my friend's suggestion to visit Boston. And yes I've already walked the freedom trail, and yes it was awesome!!!! 

Edit: right now, in July 2012, I can happily say that in 2011 my trips were  New York(at new year), Boston, New York (to pick up my mom!!) Niagara Falls, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Turkey (Ankara), and Iran (Tehran and Isfahan).
2012 started with me in Tehran. I went to Istanbul and Ankara after that, then Pittsburgh, and another New York city visit again, as of July 2012. Hopefully some more cities await 2012 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment