Monday, May 30, 2011

Sophies World, finished!

Yesterday I finally had time to finish Sophie's World book. What a wonderful book it was. Loved the ending too, :) Finishing a book is like an accomplishment. Somehow you feel that you did something good for yourself. The other resolution for my current year was to read 20 books.

So far I've finished
1) Franny and Zooey,
2) Blind Owl (Boof-e-Koor)
3) Sophies World,
4) A Tale of Two Cities (still going!)

There are also two books I have started but kind of going slow. The Golden Compass, and the Freakonomics. Freakonomics is educational, but the other one is like for kids.. I might stop it. NEXT will be a bunch of good books like History of Time or the Grand Design, also the Selfish Gene.. I need to get my hands on all of these!

On another completely different note: Happy Memorial Day! We planned to go to picnic, but first, it's too hot, and second, I had wanted these two days to be MINE, to explore the tech world, iphone app writing, etc. Don't know what to do. Maybe I'll go. Maybe I'll skip it.. I can always go hicking there with another good friend of mine. In fact we had promised to go there togather.. Haha, according to what I learned yesterday in Sophie's World, in Freud's psychoanalysis chapter, I'm just "rationalizing" now.  Deep down I guess I don't want to go, that's all!

No comments:

Post a Comment