Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"One working website"

Is item 3 on my 2011 resolution, and I still have no idea what to do about it!

What I like to achieve at the end, is to create jobs. More and more fundamental jobs.. So now, what can Information Technology (IT) do in this regard? IT is basically a "connector", a "hub" sort of thing. Creating a "connector" kind of business should be easy on the IT side, hard on the "content" side. A good productive online business (that I have in mind) should have people, real people, working and producing something, and then this product can get anywhere with the help of the online systems, such that those people who did the real work do earn their wages too. Without this "real people, doing physical work" component, the business could be beneficial, but it could also simply be redundant. I HATE to ever spend my time on something that's not benefiting anyone but myself, and then trying to convince other people that they need this, just to get myself some revenue. Advertising websites, for example, are just out of question. Communication systems/sites could be interesting. Communication is a basic need for humans, and improving that benefits people. But it won't lead to anyone getting money other than myself, or maybe a few other developers..

On the other hand, an online business could have the value in the business that it does. A lot of softwares are like that. Even Google, for instance, is like this. Will that create jobs though? Does it allow people with little skills, to do something and get something in return? I guess this is a paradox in a sense. These systems automate things. Basically they make processors replace humans. Now the million dollar question is, is there a type of thing that no matter how much you automate it, still needs humans to go on and prosper, and that's not it, it has to be something that's needed. Something that solves the basic needs of human beings...

Man, this is so complicated. What a mess in my head..

No comments:

Post a Comment