Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Well well things are working out, one by one! Just had my presentation today, and it went quite well. It will probably be a while till I give another one. I still get nervous before the talks. Can't believe, after soooo many years, after so many presentations, still??? I guess some things never changes. I should try preparing my slides and getting them done at least two days before the talk. But how many times do I tell myself this and don't do it?? :/
Soooo.. I also found the house for my next year, which is a huge "phew".. It's a good place, in the same building as two of my best friends. It's not as light as my current unit, but it's not too dark and I'll pay around $200 less a month. Think about it! That means I can spend a couple of days in San Diego every two months :P (FYI I travel a LOT!! All my savings go toward traveling! There's few places in the USA that I haven't visited.. .several places -NYC!!!-I've traveled to, 3 times already! :P) Can't wait to live in LA for next fall. Internship! At a great great place, doing awesome research :) Should be exciting, and hopefully I'll have time to go to all places around the west :)
Today after I guess like a month of not "wasting a time" (i.e. not going home simply without a big to-do list) after my presentation at 4:30pm I decided to simply "waste" the next few hours after so long. Went home, opened the windows (awesome day it was! Great rejuvenating breeze that nourished life of every form!), while listening to birds singing, got in bed and took a looong nap! muuuh finally!!! this half an hour of nap gave me more energy than the whole last night's sleep. :) I wish I had more times like this! will this lifestyle that I've chosen give me any chances? Recently I've been thinking, maybe for someone who likes nature and outdoors and traveling so much, maybe I chose the wrong area? Maybe if I'd become a biologist who has to travel to far islands and study something, .. would have suited me better?... too late now though! I like my field too it's just really frustrating sometimes and I get the feeling maybe I'm not the best person for this...
wow look, it's already 10pm. In a great day like this I was going to COOK! Maybe I can still do that. ttyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment