Friday, April 22, 2011

I have been reading Sophie's World for a while now. I can't get enough of history and philosophy! Part of the reason is that I believe, in order to make a lasting democracy in a region, we should get down to the basics and understand what it takes, in a particular society, to get people interested in having freedom and taking responsibility for it, once they get it.

What does it have to do with Sophie's World then?

Well, a lot! 
Sophie's World is a wonderful book that is actually part of the high school curriculum now, and includes a simplified version of history of Western philosophy. I have had many exposure to the Eastern philosophy, but many things about the western side, I still don't know. Way too many things! It's great to read what was a society was like, before it became educated and responsible and all the good things that grew out of it. 

well, gotta go now. ..

.. ok it's now 1:30am and I am back to here, edditing the left-out draft! (The line above was for 7pm-ish!)

I just want to rewrite something interesting I JUST saw a friend share on Facebook:

"happy ages have no philosophy"

Something to look up and think about! Not about what I read, but about why I'm interested in philosophy right now..

No comments:

Post a Comment