Saturday, January 15, 2011

Back to writing! Hello world!

Well, to those of you who had seen some of my writings before, hi again!! :D

As it turns out, I just can NOT go on without writing. I'm too used to that now, and my thought will not be organized without putting them into words, it seems. I need to vent, rant, daydream, report, and somehow look back and see all the childishness and naivety, and the enthusiasm and the dreams that make me who I am, and if these are only in my head and I talk about it, it comes and goes. But if I write it down, it kind of sticks to the reality and I'm pretty sure someday it will become the reality. Also, I'm finding that this way I can find more friends who share some of these passions with me!

To those who are reading my words for the first time: hi! My name is Narges, and I've had quite an adventure so far in the world of blogging, and in the real world, too, in fact! I used to write in this old journal from when I was about 20 for about 5-6 years.

I had set a goal for my old blog: To talk about Iran and Islam from the point of view of a young Iranian Muslim girl, and somehow, after 5 years I felt like the message was conveyed, and the journal had served what it was made for. That's why I stopped writing in there.

However, these five years of writing about my thoughts and dreams and interacting with different people had transformed me beyond my expectations! I had started the blog to transform other people's views. What ended up happening was my own views getting broader and opener and I just can not describe how much I got from the experience. I don't know if I ever changed anyone else's views, if I ever made another person more open minded, but at least ONE person in this world (myself) learned a lot from this experience.

That journal served its purpose: Created a better understanding of Iran and Islam. Maybe for the readers, but definitely for myself. But my purpose, and as I'm sure, many of you guys', always have been to make our world a better place. Well, that's the plan for this blog!

I am now a 27 year old young woman, soon with a doctorate degree from a great school in the USA, and somehow, the real world is just within my grasp! (How exciting is that?!!!) I have some level of independence now, many skills, lots of connections, and hundreds of dreams, for making this world a better place: Improving life condition for people, creating jobs, increasing education, and encouraging people take responsibility of their own life... These are my dreams. The second chapter of my life is to give them a try!

At some point during these years, I finally realized that no one is going to make your dreams come true for you. You need to be the change you have wished for, in this world! And it's quite achievable, and very satisfying and fulfilling, and gives more meaning to our daily lives!

So, let's begin!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Barev (hello), Narges jan! :)

    Nice to see you alive and enthusiastically kicking this world to become a better place!! :) Please write more about your specific future plans, as well as about any luck in finding a tall handsome Persian guy! :))))

    Best wishes,
    Artashes

    ReplyDelete